Tax Documents needed for Homeowners

As a homeowner you will want to be sure maximize your tax deduction, here is a list of the documents you will need to

prepare your tax return as a homeowner.

1. 1098-Mortgage Interest Statement

2. Real Estate Tax Receipts

3. DMV Registration Bill

4. Charitable contribution receipts.

5. W2s and 1099s

6. Settlement statement or HUD-1(if you purchased home during the year)

7. Canceled check or receipts for: The first is “qualified energy efficiency improvements,” and “residential energy property costs.”

8. Mortgage credit certificate

9. Receipts for Improvements to the house


Anthony Fontana EA